Environmental Commitment - Sustainable ceramics
With the increasing demand for sustainable growth, GRESTEL has made this a priority. The effort to go green and to reduce the ecological footprint on the environment is (and will always be) a constantly evolving mission. It is no small task – yet for us, it’s one of the most important.
We commit ourselves daily to protect the environment, by improving our infrastructures, but also our manufacturing process, achieving greater efficiency.
We materialize this principle in two main pillars:
- Our products are eco-friendly, reusable and recyclable;
- The use of local natural resources minimizes our ecological footprint;
- Single-fired production that saves energy and reduces emissions into the atmosphere;
- Special projects such as ECO-GRÉS® highlight the constant focus on the development of products that are eco-friendly;
- Reused heat from the kilns to other equipment.
- Industrial facilities that are environmentally-friendly;
- Innovative and energy-efficient equipment;
- Renewable energy (photovoltaic);
- Waste management policies and recycling procedures;
- Advanced water treatment and reduction of water consumption practices;
- Recycled and recyclable packaging;
- New synergies with other entities – ceramics surplus are now considered by-products, and they are reintroduced into the production process.